Solved

Alternatives for advanced planning board

• 17 January 2022
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Are there any other planning programs which can used, besides the advanced planning board?

Any programs with a proved integration?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 17 January 2022, 13:00

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

What is your expectation ? What is the expecting business scenario  ?

As a general answer ,You can use CBS and the scheduling client. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Sorry for being so general

An interface is expected which is very visual, can handle multiple workcenters in one view and is where it is very easy to change workcenter (drag and drop for example).  The business is very flexible and requires changes almost every five minutes. Shop orders are very short so you have dozens of them per workcenter per day

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I believe you have very limited options for the moment apart from advanced planning board. As an option you can use CBS and the scheduling client. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

in Apps 10 Aurena and IFS Cloud you can use Visual Planning to schedule operations in time and between work centers/resources using drag-and-drop. It also allows you to sequence operations based on characteristics. However, there’s no other finite scheduling logic as available with CBS/APB

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

in Apps 10 Aurena and IFS Cloud you can use Visual Planning to schedule operations in time and between work centers/resources using drag-and-drop. It also allows you to sequence operations based on characteristics. However, there’s no other finite scheduling logic as available with CBS/APB

Thanks, this indeed looks promising. Do you know if the operations can be colored based on (the characteristics of) the part?

For example, in the paint industry we want to go from white paint first to black paint last, and all colors in between. Can we visualise this by the paint color? I’m aware we can schedule this by using the characteristics and the set-up times, but can it also be visualised here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@First Employee  Yes you can color the operations based on a characteristic like color. Checkout this YouTube video where I present how to sequence operations based on colors 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

hey @Björn Hultgren 

Thanks a lot, this has been great! I was wondering, is it also possible in this Visual planning to visualise the dependencies like in the Project Gant chart? I assume for DOP orders in the same header, something should be possible besides coloring them according to DOP ID?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@First Employee  You can show dependency lines between operations on the same shop order. Unfortunately not between orders in the same DOP structure. However, you can color all operations belonging to the same DOP structure with the same color. Hope this helps :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@First Employee  Yes you can color the operations based on a characteristic like color. Checkout this YouTube video where I present how to sequence operations based on colors 

Hello Björn,

I have one additional question. Let’s apply the sequencing as shown in a link. Then, is it automatically launched rescheduling of operations which are scheduled on different WCs but are predecessors/succesors of operations that were scheduled by sequencing? Or it has to be done manually work center by work center?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@CDCZdeneB  Yes. Say operation 20 on a shop order is rescheduled to a later date as a result of the sequencing, operation 30 on the same order is automatically forward scheduled to start after operation 20 is finished. Operation 10 can either be left at its original scheduled date causing a slack between operation 10 and 20, or by selecting “Compress Operations” it will be scheduled to finish when operation 20 is scheduled to start.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@CDCZdeneB  Yes. Say operation 20 on a shop order is rescheduled to a later date as a result of the sequencing, operation 30 on the same order is automatically forward scheduled to start after operation 20 is finished. Operation 10 can either be left at its original scheduled date causing a slack between operation 10 and 20, or by selecting “Compress Operations” it will be scheduled to finish when operation 20 is scheduled to start.

Thanks for Your quick response. That’s exactly what I want to hear:).

Have a nice day,

Zdenek

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

In the manufacturing visualiser, do we have the option to predefine the used colors of the charachteristics?

We can color our shop order operations in the visualiser based on the charachterics ‘Color’ of the inventory part. However, IFS chooses himself which color he uses in the planning tool. So It can be that the charachteristic ‘RED’ is displayed in blue, ‘YELLOW’ is black, ‘BLACK’ is red, etc.

It doesn’t matter functionally, however it’s contra-intiutive.

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@First Employee  Yes agreed it becomes confusing when having a characteristic that represents an actual color, and then IFS assigns another color than what the characteristic represents in real-life. 

You might consider instead having a characteristic that represents the lightness of the color instead of the actual color (or whatever aspect of the color that is important from the planning perspective)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Björn Hultgren thank you for sharing the above videos. Does the sequencing aspect only appear in Aurena or is there possibility to schedule like this in EE?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@LALEXANDER15 The sequencing shown in the video is only available in Aurena client. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren  I think we have the same issue as @First Employee  regarding the coloring. 

Would you have any suggestions how to influence the colors for the visual planning? It would make it really nice if a Red paint job has a red characteristic code? How are the colors chosen by IFS? I mean any hints about how we can influence the choice for the color?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@kvbe Since it is possible to add any characteristic code values, it is not possible to make a mapping between the value and the color like done for statuses and other objects with fixed values.

System just assigns the first value identified to color Blue, next value to Red and the Green, Pink, Dark Blue and Yellow etc...

Badge +3

Hi,

Can we use this visual planning for WO Planning. We are looking for a tool to schedule WO and PM Plan and update the information back into IFS.

Regards,

Rajesh A