Question

Alternative Part Apps9

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello All,

We are wanting to start putting the packaging required onto our Structures so that product demand is driving packaging demand too. However, if we have a shortage of desired packaging we can use an alternative but it isn’t a one to one replacement relationship. Before I go and spend hours trying to get this work thought I’d ask can IFS Apps9 handle this?

Thanks Sarah

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes you can setup one or multiple alternates in the Alternate Component page. It can be defined with another Qty per Component than 1, meaning the main component will be replaced with another quantity of the alternate component. If you have a shortage on the shop order you can change to one of the alternates. You can also select to let MRP net also the alternate before creating new supply requisitions for the main part.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Sarah,

My advice would be to enter the desired Alternate Parts into the Master Part first. Here you can tick or untick whether the alternate relationship is one way or two way with the “Fully Interchangeable” functionality.

Then when you add to the Alternate Components screen, the Mutual tick will not be selectable if you have unticked the Fully Interchangeable in the Master Part, and conversely it will be if you do.

Cheers,

Wade