Question

"All parts cost calculation" function is executed for structure alternate ‘*’ and routing alternate ‘*’. It does not consider other alternates.

• 24 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

As per my understanding "All parts cost calculation" function is executed for structure alternate ‘*’ and routing alternate ‘*’. It does not consider other alternates.

1. Our customer wants to calculate part cost for different alternates. For example structure alternate ‘1’ and routing alternate ‘1’. 
    This is possible for single part structure from ‘All levels part cost calculation’, but this is not practical to do manually becasue there are many number of parts that customer needs the calculation and also they need the calculation daily.

2. Also customer wants to copy this to cost set 1. Even though it is possible to manually do this from ‘All levels part cost calculation’ for cost set 2 ( or 3,4,5), it is not possible to copy this cost to cost set 1. 
    Customer wants to have part cost ‘inventory value-cost set 1’, for different alternates. 

Have you come across this kind of request from any of your customers ? 
    Could you please suggest any ideas ?  At least for question 1, that is the most important for customer. 

Thank you in advance !

kind regards,
    Teeni. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Teeni;

For the first one I think you can use “Part Costs” window and select the required alternates or filter and select the filtered records. Then you should be able to use “Calculate Cost for Selected Parts” and that should calculate the Costs for all the selected Alternates.

For copy costs to cost set 1 today we can have unit cost for the default alternates only, but if your part is Configured and uses Part Cost level of Cost Per configuration, then you should be able to keep standard cost for different configurations created from different alternates using the function “Save Standard Cost”

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @dameenda , thank you for the response. 
1. I already gave this solution as a workaround. But to use ‘part costs’ , there should be other alternates (for example alternate 1) in this window. Other alternates will come to this screen only if we have calculate the cost one by one (part by part) 1 at least once for that alternate (All level part cost calculation for alternate 1). please correct me if Im wrong. 

2. Our customer is not using configured parts at the moment. But thank you again. I will check this. Can you please show me a screenshot where this ‘save standard cost’ is available. 

kind regards,
Teeni. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Teeny;

Even in Part Cost there must be a calculation performed for the other alternates at least once to see the part cost record for the specific Alternate.

Save Standard Cost is enabled for these objects created for the Configured parts; DOP Header/ Detail Tab, Interim Order or Shop Order or in Interim Orders window where u can select many orders and preform Calculation and Save Standard Cost at once.

But make this decision wisely, it could be an overkill if so many orders and operations, configurations and parts are involved.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@dameenda Thank you for your support. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank You Teeny. 

Hope the above has answered your question