Question

Advanced planning board - Material availability

• 16 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

In APB: How can you easily see which compononents of your shop order operation are not/ will not be available?

We can set the part as (always) finite, but if I understood correctly that just prevents it from scheduling. Where can you easily see why you can’t schedule it sooner? Or is there an option where you can see if you would schedule it sooner, these component will be at risk?

Currently, we plan in APB, save and afterwards check the planning alerts and replan.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

It is possible to view more details about the Material Constraints in APB as shown below;

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, helps indeed!

Where can we see the scheduling information in the APB? It’s the IFS application under the ‘operations’ tab, column ‘Scheduling information’, but is that visible in APB also?

I’m referring to messages like ‘Not enough materials available to schedule the operation’, ‘Either work center, labor, tools or material are unavailable to schedule the operation’, etc

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

If you double click on an unscheduled Shop Order Operation, the system should show the reason why in the  ‘Scheduling Information’ section.

I hope that this helps.