Solved

Accetance Sampling Status

• 23 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

What can be the reason for the Acceptance Sampling Status “Rejected”, if all results within specification? 

icon

Best answer by Peter Lundgren 5 September 2023, 11:43

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi.

This result must be for a Sample size 50 of variable data, there must be other lines in the Analysis result that are not conforming and the number of non conforming samples must exceed the acceptance limit.

So the entire lot is rejected and that status is inherited to every result line. This could be one reason.

Badge +2

Hi Dameenda,

I tested with 2 lines (Variable and Attribute) per Shop Order and enter every time in my examples only OK- Values. The Acceptance Sampling Status for Variable Lines is every time “Rejected”, for the Attribute lines every time “Accepted”!?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What is the Track you used? and also could you share the screens showing all the result lines for Variable data?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Acceptance sampling is methodology to determine the quality of an entire product lot by inspecting a sample of the lot and using statistical analysis.

When using attribute or variable acceptance sampling in a control plan you have defined what AQL value to be used in the calculations to determine whether the entire lot should be Accepted or Rejected.

“AQL” stands for “Acceptance Quality Limit” is defined as the “quality level that is the worst tolerable”. For example: “AQL = 4%” means “I accept at the most 4% defective items in the entire lot”.

If the acceptance sampling logic (defined by the used ISO-standard) determines that, statistically speaking, more items in the product lot will be defective than the defined AQL value, the entire lot is Rejected. For example: If AQL = 4% is used and the result of the Accept/Reject statistical analysis is that more than 4% of the items in the entire lot is expected to be defective, then the status will be “Rejected”. It is quite possible to get the status “Rejected” even though all inspected items are within specification. In variable acceptance sampling this could happen, for instance, if the inspected results values are close to the specification limits.

Also, please note that “Rejected” does not necessarily mean that the entire lot should be scrapped. It only means that more than AQL% items of the entire lot is expected to be defective.

Badge +2

Badge +2

Badge +2

Tests are done on 23R1. Basic Data in Control Plan and Values in Analysis should end in “Acceptance”!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yes, I agree. In your example above where all result values = Nominal Value, then the Analysis should have been “Accepted” since the mean value for the entered result values = Nominal Value, and the standard deviation for the result values is zero. So this looks strange.

Badge +4

I have the same case.