100 PCS/Bin

• 17 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 548 replies

Community,

I have a part is not HU controlled in inventory, inventory UOM is PCS. when parts arrived from supplier, I will let IFS to pack it as 100PCS/pack, and do the putaway. I would like system to perform like what it is dealing with HU, i.e. limit the parts per bin, e.g. 100PCS/Bin, but it looks to me, it is hard to handle it in this way without HU.

Just want to borrow your mind.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Have you tried using Capacities and Conditions for the Bin in Warehouse Navigator?

I haven’t use this before, but wondering whether it could help you.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

In addition to what is mentioned by Vimukthi.

You can define either Bin cubic capacities or carrying capacities for the relevant warehouse, bay, raw or bin.

Then set capacity requirements in the inventory part/storage requirements/capacity and condition requirements tab, so that 100 pcs can be stored in each bin.

I hope this is an applicable solution for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Malsha Amarasinghe 

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Thank you both. I will try it out.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Malsha Amarasinghe I tried your solution. system can putaway the exact capacity parts for the Bay/Row/Tier/Bin without HU, but system will not split the parts to exact the Bay/Row/Tier/Bin that meets the capacity. for example, Bin capacity is set to 10kg, and if i putaway 10kg one by one, that’s fine. but if i putaway 100kg, system will not split the 100kg to 10 X10kg, and do the putaway. 

I think putway might not be a good choice if it is not associated with HU.

Thank you.