Solved

Supplier Expiration Date

• 2 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

My company is wanting to set suppliers inactive and we know how to set the expiration date on the Purchase Tab > Misc Supplier Info sub-tab but the definition of the field says “The date after which details of the supplier are not to be retained. The expiration date only controls the creation of new transactions in the system for the supplier”. The first bit is what’s throwing us through a loop. Does this mean that IFS will purge the historical records of the supplier (e.g. purchase orders, invoices, etc.)?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 2 April 2020, 22:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, it doesn’t mean that, it is just poorly worded.  We set them inactive on an annual basis.  All history is retained, just new orders and requisitions are blocked.  You should also set all of the Supplier for Purchase Parts inactive as well so they don’t create problems with any automated reqs and MRP.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@ShawnBerk Thank you for the suggestion to inactivate the supplier for purchase part records as well! We’ll definitely take this into account going forward.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello, we are using APPS 9 and I have followed the recommendations of entering an Expiry Date on the Supplier Record which stops the creation of New purchase orders, and I also but added Valid To dates on the Address ID’s.  However, the valid To dates will stop AP from entering a Manual Supplier invoice as they will get a Error message  “no default address defined” but as soon as they add a new address ID to the supplier they can voucher the manual supplier invoice.

Is there a way to Stop ALL transactions for a Supplier that is Expired?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There is an Inactive Date field on the Invoice tab of the Supplier record.  This will stop any Invoices being processed.  There is a Blocked for Payment checkbox on the Payment tab to stop any payments.

We’re in the dilemma of having a supplier active in one company but not in another.  You can stop invoices and payments by company but not stop a PO being raised.  :-(