Question

Reporting - Access view - 22R1

• 28 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

According my understanding, as the IAL views, the Access views are configured (created on demand by an end user) and belong the IFSINFO schema.
For the IFS managed-cloud hosted customers, that offer the opportunity to use them via a direct access to the database allowed only to IFSINFO schema. 

But something remains not clear for me.
In the technical documentation for IFS CLOUD (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/045_administration_aurena/255_br_and_a/050_integrations/080_external_access/010_access_views/) it is mentioned: 
"Access Views are used as the source for loading the Tabular Models specific data layer in SQL Server." 
"When the Access Views have been created, the Tabular Models framework can be setup, necessary model objects can be deployed to the SQL Server database and then a data load can be performed where the Access Views are used as sources when transferring data from IFS Cloud database to the SQL Server database.".

I assume that this SQL Server is optional, not provided with IFS Applications and is just a example of possible use for the access views. 
Could someone confirm that ?

Regards,
Marc

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi!

The tabular models in SQL Server is a part of the IFS Analysis Models offering. 

In the IFS Analysis Models solution the Access Views are used as the source for the tabular models. The transactions and dimension data in IFS cloud (Oracle) is transferred to the SQL Server using the access views to populate the tabular models in SQL Server.

Regards,

Stefan