Question

Operational Reporting - emailing PDF under changed filename

• 2 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Let me join the IFS community with this very first thread!

My issue is how to e-mail report (invoice or order confirmation) but under attachment file name different than default (ReportID || ResultKey).

I have tried with Report Rule where action is Set Property, then set DocumentFileName to WhateverIWantTo.pdf but it doesn’t seem to be a solution.

Next i have prepared Rule with Action SendEmail, then set Attachment Name to new FileName, but it came to me with above mentioned standard filename. The same for Route To Connect action with Output File Name set to new one. But, it didn’t change file name either.

I assume, the best way would be to define under which name report should be created, so in earlier stage than e-mail it.

However I ran out of ideas how to achieve it. Hope that anyone here can help me.

2 replies

Badge +2

Hey Wiktor,

we have a similar issue with invoicing in Switzerland with attching further documents. Currently IFS does not support this feature. In general the possibilities IFS - automatic E-Mail is limited.

An other possibility could be “Report Rules”  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Wiktor,

In the section Function from Route to Connect you can add f.e. [@INSTANT_INVOICE_REP\INVOICE_NO] > this will add the invoice number as a prefix to the attachment. Below an instruction manual I have written for some ideas.

BR