Solved

Lobby Element in Aurena not linking to data.

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I created a simple lobby with a single element that takes the count of a data source that filters Purchase orders by STATE = ‘Complete’ (Status, Shown as STATE within the Columns for some reason)

Within the element designer i have “Use data source condition” ticked and when viewing the lobby from EE the link works. 

When viewing in Aurena i cannot click the link. Is there a reason for this? 
I Even on the Application owner account with full permissions it won’t work. 

The Element / Lobby are  both set to Aurena .

icon

Best answer by MiLeNL 7 December 2022, 15:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

If you use Aurena, you need to use the Aurena URL. Also note that you have two element and lobby types; Enterprise Explorer or Aurena. The following documentation should be useful.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/250_lobby_configurations/080_navigation/

Bonus tip; if you want the filter to be language independent. It's better to use OBJSTATE. As State is a translated value. 

Badge +2

If you use Aurena, you need to use the Aurena URL. Also note that you have two element and lobby types; Enterprise Explorer or Aurena. The following documentation should be useful.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/250_lobby_configurations/080_navigation/

Bonus tip; if you want the filter to be language independent. It's better to use OBJSTATE. As State is a translated value. 

Thank you for that, Could you clarify about the OBJSTATE? 
I was looking to filter by the Status and then count how many PO’s were closed. the Status column appears to be “STATE” though so that is what i used? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

OBJSTATE is the actual database value which always remains the same.

STATE is a translated value which depends on the language of the user.

e.g. OBJSTATE = ‘Closed’ 

STATE when logged in in English is ‘Closed’ 

STATE when logged in in Dutch is ‘Gesloten’ 

STATE when logged in in German is ‘Geschlossen’ 

If you only use 1 language in IFS it does not make a difference 😉.

Badge +2

OBJSTATE is the actual database value which always remains the same.

STATE is a translated value which depends on the language of the user.

e.g. OBJSTATE = ‘Closed’ 

STATE when logged in in English is ‘Closed’ 

STATE when logged in in Dutch is ‘Gesloten’ 

STATE when logged in in German is ‘Geschlossen’ 

If you only use 1 language in IFS it does not make a difference 😉.

We potentially will be using multiple languages so this is important to understand when creating custom lobbies. Does this apply to other Fields / Database values? 

for the other column in this example “ORDER_NO”, Would this be OBJORDER_NO? most importantly - How do i select these ? - The only option i can see is the English spellings of the columns? 

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

State is one of the few fields which get translated in runtime. Normal data fields do not, as you are typing them in manually.