Solved

Industries Lobby Documentation

• 11 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi all, My business is looking to upgrade to Cloud in the near future, trying to understand lobbies in more detail.

I’m struggling to find documentation relating to what appears to be ‘out of the box’ lobby environments, as detailed in the following YouTube video. See 24:46 for a screenshot. 

(1) IFS Cloud 21R1 – Industry Lobbies Overview and Demo - YouTube

I’m really interested in understanding the lobbies (which appear to be pre-setup) for different industries. Taking ‘Discrete Manufacturing’ as an example, are there ready made links to sections detailing Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing etc?

What I’m trying to find out is:

The links: IFS CENTRAL > INDUSTRIES > MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS > SOLUTION - DISCRETE MANUFACTURING > MANUFACTURING > MANUFACTURING PLANNING

This guides me to a lobby detailing manufacturing planning details. 

• Is this lobby out of the box designed? I.e. a template for me to use
  • Is the Lobby ‘GUI’ out of the box? I.e. the hyperlink path taking me to Manufacturing Planning

Thanks for your help!

Callum

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 11 July 2022, 14:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

They aren’t out of the box as-in included with the base upgrade, but you can buy them as extra.

For your example, yes, when you have them, they are already built, not a template.  I’ve just opened that one for my instance (which I’ve not done before), it opens to a view like this with my default company and site and filtered for the next 28 days.

The lobby is pretty extensive and worked with our data for most of the elements, you’ll notice that several timed out.

They only required a click on the element and the element refreshed with the max timeout.  So they need a little adjustment (we’ve done nothing so far), but they are in decent shape as a start.

Here is the parameter list included with it:

I agree though, the information and technical detail on them is very sparse, we had to get our sales rep to show us early on what they looked like because we couldn’t find info either.

Badge +2

Thanks for giving me such a detailed answer! Very helpful. 

I’ll see if I can get in contact with our Sales rep to find more information!