Question

IFS Business Analytics - Invalid Number error

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

IFSAPPS 9.

We have been using a Business Analytics model to run our sales forecast. This was using Business Opportunities as the Information Source.

One of the filter criteria was DIM_OPP_PROBABILITY.CODE BETWEEN 50 and 100. This basically captured any high probability Business Opportunities. 

After we installed UP17 our Business Analytics model stopped working. I believe the issue was that prior to UP17, the field on the Information source was the value in the PROBABILITY_DB field and it has now changed to be just the PROBABILITY field. The issue is that the PROBABILITY field is suffixed by a % sign, so when we use this field in the filter I receive an ‘Invalid Number’ error message. However I have not been able to use SQL in the Filter Criteria to either TRIM or REPLACE the % value out.

Is there a way to point the Information Source back to the PROBABILITY_DB field?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The Information Sources are owned and maintained by the groups owning that area. We in Insights only make use of what they present. You would have a better chance of getting an answer and hopefully resolution to this if you ask this question in the Selling community (I believe it to be Selling, at least - perhaps you know better or can confirm).

Good luck
Ola

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks @ola.nissen  do you know a way to do this without resubmitting the question?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sorry, I don’t know whether that’s possible. If you, as the original poster, don’t see a choice like “Move...” I think it would take someone with a lot more grants than me to do it if it’s at all possible, but I think that quickest way would be just to copy/paste the question into the other community.