Question

IFS BR Execution Server - Error

• 2 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

I am getting following error on starting the IFS BR Server. 

IFS BR Execution Server (IFS BRES) cannot run in parallel with IFS Business Reporter (IFS BR) on the same host. Please make sure to uninstall IFS BR before starting IFS BRES. 

IFS Business Reporter is not installed on the server. I have removed related any registry entry for the same

is there any advise

Regards

Pankaj

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @paguin ,

Kindly update me on the UPD version you have right now for IFS application that you use to connect with BRES.  At the same time check if you have installed the correct version of BRES with respect to UPD version of the environment you are using to connect with the BRES.

If you have installed correct versions of BRES and the application is in correct UPD level, Can you follow the below steps to check if the issue can be rectified. 

1. Unistall Business Reporter Execution Server. 
  2. Check if you have a registry entry for BR client. If available you can remove the registry entry
    or install BR client and uninstall BR client again. 
  3. Go to excel. → Options → Add-ins → COM Add-ins → Remove the Business Reporter Addin if available.
  1. Reinstall BR Execution Server and see if it works.

Regards,
Dilmi. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

please check if you have registry entry called IfsBusinessAnalytics in below location. If so, remove it.  

“Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\IFS”

Best regards,

Voshitha

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Pankaj,

Main thing that you need to make sure here is to install the latest BR client and do the uninstallation if you and in UPD7 or later. It’s not enough to just uninstall the BR client which you had before UPD7. 

Best Regards,
Nisansala