Question

IFS Blacked out fields

Badge +2

Hello,

I have one strange thing happening with IFS.

Sometimes fields in Shop Order screen are blacked out. (See screenshot.) the user can see the information if is clicked on the cell.  Any idea how I can fix this?

We’re still under Apps8

With respect, 

Andre 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have observed this behavior normally when the same session/computer has been running IFS for multiple Days. 
Whenever the user Will try to log out and in again  the issue is gone. 

Badge +2

Hi Julian, thank you for your prompt response. 

The user said he’s restarting his computer everyday. And when he encounter this problem, he logs off and logs back in.  The blacked fields still persisting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Julian, thank you for your prompt response. 

The user said he’s restarting his computer everyday. And when he encounter this problem, he logs off and logs back in.  The blacked fields still persisting.

Okay. :/ have never experienced that. 

and restarting the pc also does not make the issue go away? I.e. If user is facing this issue, reboots and it goes away then it must be a local problem and not the ifs server installation 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I had noticed this type of issue occurs when users made layout changes on their own and these changes are not applicable for several resolution settings.

Check whether this user is using different layout settings for the relevant form by navigating to the properties (RMB→ Properties). If enable this layout option is checkedin the layout tab, then he is using a customized layout. Reset the layout and see whether the issue still exists.

Also i​​​​​​n some scenarios clear the user profile will solve your issue. ( Backup the user profile first if you are going to clear it)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi!
 My customer has the same problem. It is APP8 SP2.
The problem disappears after restarting the computer. After a few days, the problem is back again.
I want to refresh this problem. Have you any news about it?
Any solution?
I send an ask the customer to disable this checkbox 'Enable this Layout on current data source'.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @SSMARAMUS ,

As @JULIAN  mentioned  this might not be an issue in the ifs application because sometimes, due to memory issues either with the RAM or the video card on PCs this types of issues can be occurred. Try to use a different machine to verify.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Wimali

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

HI! @Wimali Athulathmudali , my customer tried using another machine. The result is the same.

In my case, the problem is not in the machine/system OS.

Thank you for your reply!
Best regards,
Szymon