Question

How to get BR Software Updates?

• 15 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Trying to figure out how to be aware of new Business Reporter software updates? How do we get notification of new updates?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @KPalmieri ,

There are two ways to install IFS Business Reporter:

• Install via a msi file.
  • Installing a ClickOnce version of IFS Business Reporter, i.e. installation via a web page.

Kindly note that the ClickOnce is the recommended installation method.

The ClickOnce version of IFS Business Reporter client automatically gets updated when a new version is available in the published location. This means that a user will always be made aware when a new version of IFS Business Reporter is available.

Please refer the below documentation to more information.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/007_br_and_a/010_IFS_Business_Reporter/005_BR_Installation.htm

Best regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for the quick Response Thiwanka!

Currently we are not using the ClickOnce methodology for BR installation, can you let me know what is the current BR version #?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @KPalmieri,

What is the track you are using? Is it IFS APPS10? The latest version of APPS10 is 5.0.26.

Best regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi!

Do you mean “how to be aware of new Business Reporter software updates that IFS R&D is releasing”.

If you use ClickOnce methodology for BR installation the users will automatically get the IFS BR version that has been delivered to your production environment.

But if you want to get notifications of new updated client versions that the IFS R&D is releasing it is a different matter. There is an Excel spredsheet  with all client versions covered. 5.0.26 means that 26 versions of the client has been released. In every client release there are a number of corrections also listed in the same Excel sheet.

However I don’t know if that document is available externally?

/Stefan