Question

Embedded browser IFS Enterprise Explorer

• 10 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi there,

Is it possible to set or change embedded browser in IEE?
We are currently running IFS 10 UPD 6 (should probably update soon), but want to change from the “Internet Explorer” version or whatever it is to another browser. Where is it set?

Best regards,
Filip

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi,

Have a look into the following community post and let us know if it works for you,

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

My question was regarding the embedded browser in Enterprise Explorer when you already have started the windows client. You can add shortcuts in the navigator to web pages that will open inside Enterprise Explorer interface. These web pages seems to be run on some sort of IE browser...

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @SEFILLA,

The IFS Enterprise Explorer (IEE) web browser functionality uses Internet Explore (IE) rendering engine. Hence, almost similar behavior in the Internet Explorer can be visible in IEE.

If you found a URL that doesn’t work in Internet Explorer, but works in Chrome or other browser, then the same behavior can be seen in the IEE. That is the link may not work in IEE.

Your question was how to change this browser in the IFS Application. As far as I know you can’t change the embedded browser. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Ok thank you for answers.

It would be interesting to hear IFS standing point about this matter, since Internet Explorer has End Of Life later this year. Is a change included in the roadmap forward?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @SEFILLA,

IFS Enterprise Explorer web browser will not be implemented further.
But IFS Application new release 21R1 is based on cloud and it obviously works on Chrome and Edge.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/Foundation1/010_overview/220_user_interface/default.htm

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Sandun Madola 

I still not understand why IFS have stopped all development on EE ? IFS have still support with App 10 until 2025 and in that the Enterprise Explorer must be a part of that? 

Karl

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @karllinder ,

There is another thread about the same topic.

Regards,

William Klotz