Question

Daily Supplier Pending Material Report

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

We want to remind the suppliers of the deliveries on a daily basis and to come to us as an information report on who the reminder was made to.

We did this with 3rd party apps. But I know that IFS is capable enough to do this as well. So we don't want to depend on 3rd party apps.

But in order to complete this, I have many questions and problems in my mind.

1. How to send the report sent to each supplier to me as information (e.g attachments)?
  2. How do I attach the excel report to the sent emails?
  3. How do I send email body as html with "Operational Report -> Report Formatter".
  4. How do I send the email sender from our email address like supplier@xyz.com. Or how do I make the sender header "Reminder for Pending Purchase Part"?
  5. Can I insert graphics such as lobby elements into the email?

We are using IFS 9.4. And we couldn't find answers to most of our questions from the community and the help document.

Your every information on the subject is very valuable to us.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @baris.halici 

First you need to publish the report from BR client. So that it is available under order reports. 

You may use the following link for that

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10upd7/Foundation1/010_overview/255_br_and_a/025_Business_Reporter/default.htm

Then you can schedule the report and set up  the configurations to send the report via an email.

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10upd7/Foundation1/045_administration_aurena/255_br_and_a/030_Business_Reporter/080_Miscellaneous_BR_Configuration/default.htm

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10upd7/Foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/030_Business_Reporter/080_Miscellaneous_BR_Configuration/default.htm

Regards,
Dilmi. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Further you may add graphics (graphs etc.) which can be inserted normally in excel. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Dilmi Gunasiri 

Thanks for your answers. But what you shared is for version 10. Can it also work in 9.4?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Also, I do not have access to ifsworld as I am your customer in Turkey. When I adapt the links to the IFS 9.4 server, the page is not found.

And even though we purchased the full version of the application, the license warning appears in the excel plugin. If this is the plugin you are talking about..

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @baris.halici 

Yes you may use the same procedure in app9 as well

In order to schedule the report you may use the following window. Then you can go to help documentation of it. 

Publishing report would be the same in app9. You can the same icon to publish the Business report as above. 

Regards,
Dilmi. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @baris.halici 

Do you have BACLI component installed? If not you may not be able to do what I mentioned above. 
You have to use Business Analytics.
You can install the Business Analytics addon from the standard IFS addon page.

Regards,
Dilmi. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Dilmi Gunasiri

IFS Business Analytics Client(BACLI) version 1.3.0 installed. And the method you described is very good. But there are 2 answers that I can't find out.

1. For example, there are 500 suppliers and their email information. That might be 300 tomorrow, 200 another time. How do I use the report plan to inform each of these suppliers?
  2. I downloaded and installed "IFS Business Analytics pre-requisites Setup" from the IFS add-ons page. I also installed the “IFS Business Analytics Add-In”. And I still keep getting license warning. I am using MS Office 2016. Could it be caused by this?

Thanks,

Good days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi

Your question one is bit unclear.

For the question 2,  can you add the screenshot of the license warning you are getting?

Regards,
Dilmi.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

I sent the license notice I received earlier. Can you take a look above? licence notice

In the first question; I said this. If you look at the main question of the post, I meant to say that the suppliers to post are variable.

Regards,

Barış

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi

That tab is not something you get when you run Business analytics. If IFS application can be accessed via your computer. If so go to the application URL and then go to addons page. From there you can install IFS Business analytics add on using clickonce. 

Before installing uninstall the existing one.

After the installation, can you send me the screenshot of the following pop up in excel.

File→ Options-->Addins → Select COM-add-ins from the drop down→ Click Go.

Regards,

Dilmi.