Solved

Cannot create same information source once it is deleted

• 29 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I created an Information Source(IS) using an IAL to design a business report. We had to add additional columns to IAL, so I deleted the existing IS and tried create the IS again. I got below error. It seems the IS is not deleted from database.

The workaround is to change the view name and create the IS. The issue is then I have to re design the business report. Customer is on 21R2 track.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by MiLeNL 13 July 2022, 16:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

When you delete the information source, the Quick Information Source entry will move the Drafted state. To get the new columns from IAL view you need to remove the Quick Information Draft as well. 

Then recreate a QIS Draft from the IAL view again and create the information source from that.

Best regards,

Voshitha

Badge +2

Hi Voshitha,

Even if I delete the entry in Quick Information Sources page, I am not allowed to use the same view name when drafting the IS for the 2nd time. That is the issue I’m facing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

When you are trying to create a QIS based on a IAL while you are having a one with the same name, it is giving an error in the first place. 

See the screenshot below. I am testing this in 21R2 SU9

Badge +2

Hi Voshitha,

Customer is in 21R2 S7. I can create same QIS when I delete the existing one. My requirement is to delete the IS and create the IS for the existing QIS which seems impossible due to the error I sent earlier.

Was this a known bug and fixed on a later track? Do you have any idea?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @PlaBhagyW I also face the same issue. I changed IAL 2-3 times and have to create it with different name everytime.

Please update here when you find a solution, I will do the same.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I have experienced the same. Very frustrating. You can overcome the issue by doing a Dictionary Cache refresh. 

Note that this gets posted in the background. Wait till it's finished and you can (re)create the information source again with the same viewname.

Badge +2

@MiLeNL : Thanks for the suggestion. It worked. 😃

Badge +2

@Rohit : The workaround suggested by @MiLeNL works.