Question

Business Reporter - Year to date for designated period; Prior Year to date

• 11 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

How can I create a column for Year to date and Prior Year to date for a designated period.  for example I want YTD thru period 7.  

this is what I tried but the totals aren’t correct. 

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Its hard to tell from your screenshot, but I’ll assume your info source is GL Balance and your measure is GACT_GL_BALANCE.BALANCE.  One way to get the data by adding parameters for AccountingYear and AccountingYearPeriod:

When you run the report, you enter appropriate parameters, from your example 2023 and 202307, you would get YTD data.

If you simply want to have all of the PTD columns, as in your screenshot, then total them in excel, you can do that too 

Badge +2

Thanks you. That will work for current yar to date. But, How can I get prior Year to date? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

In a similar manner - add function parameters for PreviousYear and/or PreviousYearPeriod

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Cynthia

Can you show what you have for the PreviousYear.  I am trying to build a report based on year and not yearperiod. What do you have for the PreviousYear?

Barbara

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hopefully this will be what you are looking for:

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Cynthia

Thank you.  Is there a way to do it for multiple companies.  My report pulls data from two companies.  I have a report filter for the companies. 

Barbara

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m not sure.  Our reports are built for a master company in Group Consolidation. 

I think though, that as long as your years/period are consistent across all companies, if you set it up using one of them, BR will apply it to all in the report.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Cynthia 

Thank you for your help.  I have put in the function parameters.  I think I am missing a step. How do you see the actual prior year in the data.  In my data pull, I list period, account, and balance.  What I need is to compare the period to prior year period.  So, what I would want is the period, account, current year balance and prior year balance.  How would I tell BR to put prior month balance in the column?

Barbara

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hopefully this is what you are asking.  To see the actual prior year you filter your BR column on the prior year function parameter: