Question

Business reporter - Trusted Location?

• 7 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are just beginning to use Business Reporter and some of our users are getting this error when attempting to open BR reports to edit:

Microsoft Office Document Customization

“This document contains custom code that cannot be loaded because the location is not in your trusted locations list:_____________________.  If you trust this document you can save and open it from a location on your computer.  For more information, see ‘http:\\go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99104.

Others users can open any of the reports just fine.

I know we can add a location to trusted locations, but to share reports for maintenance this isn’t practical for our purposes, and we would like to understand why this is happening for some users and not others.

Has anyone else seen this and found a solution?  We are on Apps10 UPD6, although the same issue occurred on Apps 10 UPD4.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It is very unlikely it has anything to do with IFS and everything to do with Microsoft.  Without ensuring that every user has the exact same setup for the opening of office documents and they are the same patch level for Office, you won’t be able to discern why the open function is different for some compared to others.  Once you change the user setting one time or figure out what is making it work, it will only have to be done once on each workstation.

Badge +2

It is possible to publish the BR report inside IFS Apps .Thus the report can be executed in IFS and downloaded. I suppose, this error wont happen then. You can give access to the published report to various users.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @cynthia.wilson ,

Not sure if you still have the issue. Just thought of adding some comments here. 

What is the method used for sharing these reports with the users? Are they sent through email. If yes, you may not be able to open them by double clicking. Instead you need to save them to a trusted location. 

Please refer below documentation on how to view BR reports in different scenarios. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/007_br_and_a/010_IFS_Business_Reporter/040_advanced_tech_info/default.htm

Best Regards,
Nisansala

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @cynthia.wilson ,

Not sure if you still have the issue. Just thought of adding some comments here. 

What is the method used for sharing these reports with the users? Are they sent through email. If yes, you may not be able to open them by double clicking. Instead you need to save them to a trusted location. 

Please refer below documentation on how to view BR reports in different scenarios. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/007_br_and_a/010_IFS_Business_Reporter/040_advanced_tech_info/default.htm

Best Regards,
Nisansala

Quite a frustration here. The trusted location only works on simple “ms-dos” paths X:\etc… Cannot make it working in a folder synchronized via onedrive. Not that I get the error message, but the plug-in does not activate. Reports open like a plain excel sheets.

Badge +1

OneDrive Sync Business Reporter issue

I was able to get around the OneDrive Sync issue by creating a directory symbolic link. Office trusted location will show up as the direct path to the OneDrive but IFS works. It’s a slight hack but works. 

When browsing for file, make sure to enter location to symbolic link. In my case it is c:\ifstemp.

It worked for me and the BR files are protected by OneDrive Sync. 

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers!

Jake.

Here is your MKLINK manual too.  

The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows (howtogeek.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Wow! Will try. Thanks!

Badge +1

One comment on my prior work around for OneDrive Sync using symbolic links. I had better luck with creating the symbolic link with /J. I’d suggest you create that way. -Jake