Solved

Business Reporter Issues - Creating information source's from IAL'S

• 7 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone else has come across issues when creating custom information sources and dimensions. When ever i create one from an IAL i find the filters in business reports utility don’t seem to work and i end up filtering my fields in the IAL before converting it to info source. 

If anyone else has a solution or idea for me to try please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Cameron

icon

Best answer by 12Guide_PaulB 7 November 2022, 11:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Cameron,

I have not come accross that. I have created several information sources and dimensions and can use filters in IFS Business Reporter as it works for other information sources.

From your post I cannot tell what exactly goes wrong in your case.

1. Does the filter in BR work when you apply a filter on light items from the information source? I guess that works fine.
  2. If a) works and filters are not applied when you filter on dimension items, I guess something is wrong with the connection between information source and dimension.

Do you know you can find the query that gets prepared for your report in 'Information Sources - Runtime Log’. If you know how to read SQL statement, maybe you can identify from there what is incorrect.

Badge +2

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the reply, Sorry for the lack of detail on this one. 

I left it generic originally as i seem to be seeing issues in multiple reports related to the filters.

I will try my best to describe the issue i am having in the most recent report. Here is the report description - 

• Report created using an IAL and only has a info source 
  • All joins are handled in the IAL and data pulls through fine when run outside of business report
  • The report has a repeater on the line 
  • Two fields i have an issue with pull through figures but the filter was set at cell level for those two fields and when cross referencing data in the system it seems to have completely ignored the filters I set in business report and just presented data with no filter. 

In some cases the only way I have been able to present the data with the filters i have needed is to add that statement into the IAL and not in business reports. Using a case statement and different field naming conventions. 

So basically my issues is that cell level filtering doesn’t seem to work for my situation and wondered if anyone had come across this before and if it’s just something i am doing incorrectly 

Thanks Again cameron

Badge +2

Do you know you can find the query that gets prepared for your report in 'Information Sources - Runtime Log’. If you know how to read SQL statement, maybe you can identify from there what is incorrect.

Thanks for this also i wasn’t aware of this