Question

BR - How do I get a BR report ordered from IEE/Aurena to pop up directly, when run, instead of fetching it in Report Archive ?

• 24 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

BR - which settings are  necesary for running the report from the applications, and view the report directly instead of fetching it in Report Archive ?  

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Osthewha

IEE: 

To access a published report, the end user must have the necessary grants, which means that the Presentation Object representing the report must be granted to the user. Thus, if a Business Reporter end user should be able to order a report either via Order Report in IFS client or via Order Report in Report Mode in IFS Business Reporter, it is necessary to grant the report/reports to the user. The same applies for a Business Reporter designer that wants to run a publish report via Report Mode in IFS Business Reporter.

There are some predefined permission sets that provides access to BR reports. These Permission Sets are described below documentation. but it is not recommended to grant them to end user since it will make it difficult to provide specific grants to specific users.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/040_Services/010_manage_BRA_services/020_manage_user_permission/150_access_to_bra_reports.htm#General

Aurena:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/255_br_and_a/030_Business_Reporter/085_Report_Access_Specifics/default.htm

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, Sorry for explaining this poorly.

All permission sets are in order.  

When you have ordered the report, I want it to be shown immediately, NOT to be fetched in report archive.

I know that there is a setting, on the actual report, in BR somewhere…but I can not find it…. Perhaps this is not an option anymore ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Osthewha ,

provide the viewer in the parameter value for the highlighted parameter.

Regards,
Dilmi​​​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

I tried to change from  * to ifswin:Ifs.Application.BAReportViewer.BAReportViewer

in our testenvironment… that did not help, sorry.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

I changed an other parameter , the green line, from “For all info services”  to NO … THAT helped :)