Question

BR Access to GL Balance Set Analysis

• 1 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

I am writing a BR Report in Apps10 but am getting no data from the Information Source “GL Balance Set Analysis”.  I’ve made the following checks:

• I can see the data in ‘GL Balance Analysis’ with the same user.
  • The GL Authority Class is MAX for my user
  • The user has all 4 end user BI Permission Sets and BI_VIEW_Access
  • The GL Balance Set is based on Business planning data of which my user is an Adminstrator.
  • Just in case I’ve also added my user to a User Group and Budget Process User

Reports I’ve written in the past have stopped returning data.

What have I missed?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Antbarrif ,

Please check the “Data mart Sources” window from IEE and query for the “GL_BALANCE_ST_MV”.

RMB on the line and click “Refresh selected DM sources” to refresh the MV. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Antbarrif ,

Please check the “Data mart Sources” window from IEE and query for the “GL_BALANCE_ST_MV”.

RMB on the line and click “Refresh selected DM sources” to refresh the MV. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Hi Thiwanks -

Thanks, although the MV is Active and Refreshed (green).  I’ve tried both Online and Datamart. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Antbarrif ,

It seems this is a row based security enabled information source. So please refer the solution “179026” to have a better understanding about the row based security enabled information source.

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi - Thanks, although that solution relates to the GL Balance information source and is from 2010.  This is a new Information Source: GL Balance Set Analysis. 

However the notes did point me in the direction of “Information Source Full Access”.  I have granted the IS to my user and I am now able to see the data. 

If anyone has any more explanation on why I now need Information Source Full Access when I didn’t before I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Barrie

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Antbarrif ,

This option will only be available if selected Information Source support security filters. By looking at the details of an Information Source, if the property Has Security Filter is selected it means that security filters are supported and that an end user can be granted full access.

Refer below documentation to have a better understanding about the Information Source Full Access.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/010_Information_Sources/030_configure_information_sources/015_FullISAccess.htm

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Practically what does this mean though? 

For example, if I ‘Grant Full Access’ to an IS which has a dimension with Security Filters such as GL Authority Classes, does this mean the user has full access to that dimension even though they are not in a GL Authority Class? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Antbarrif

If you have granted necessary functional permissions, company, GL Authority etc.., then you should be able to see data without requiring to grant IS Full Access. So I recommend finding the root cause without giving IS Full access

IS Full Access is supposed to be used for special cases such as transferring data to data warehousing purposes (ETL) where all data should be transferred without row level security considerations, solving performance issues. 

\Sanjaya 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Sanjaya I was not aware of the ETL use. 

What’s strange is that the user can see the data through EE (Balance Analysis) but not through BR unless I grant IS Full Access.  The underlying source of data is the new Business Planning functionality to which the user has access.  I will check again and may end up raising a support case.

/Barrie