Question

Posting Control T1 Not Working As Expected

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have a Posting Control set up for T1- Time Reporting and T2 - Counter Time Reporting. These are both set up to default these transactions to a specific Account and Business Unit via Control Type AC1 - Fixed Value. This works perfectly for the T2 transactions, but for the T1 transactions, it only partially works. Some appropriately classify with Posting Control-defined Business Unit, but others default to the Business Unit associated with the Work Order Object (instead of the default value Business Unit defined in the Posting Control). 

Is it possible for something else to override a posting control? Any ideas where I can look to see where this might be getting overridden? 

Thank you!!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ckelly!

It sounds like you're experiencing some inconsistencies with your posting control setup, particularly with PRJT1 - Project Time (debit), which is not consistently defaulting to the fixed value.

You mentioned that some time transactions default to the associated Work Order Object, which leads me to assume that you’re using the Work Order module to register time. If this is the case, you would need to review the posting controls associated with the Work Order module.

Best regards,
Lauri

Badge +1

Hi @Lauri ! Thanks so much for your response! I want to clarify that I am talking about the Posting Control set up for the Work Order module that you mentioned, and this is where we are seeing the inconsistencies, with the T1 posting type.

We also have Posting Controls for PRJT1 for Project Time and those are working appropriately (PRJREP Module). 

For the T1s, everything is set to a fixed value, yet some transactions still default to the associated Work Order Object. 

Badge +1

It turns out the T1 Posting Control for this Code Part (Business Unit), which is set to a Fixed Value, is being overridden when the associated Work Task Actual Object has a Business Unit associated with it. I thought the Posting Control would always trump everything else, but after some testing, this is definitely what is happening, I’m just not sure why. We would have to clear out the BU associated with the Work Task Actual Object in order for the Posting Control to work.