Cloud Permission Restricting access to end user for Basic Data

• 12 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 7 replies

Hi All,

I am looking to  see if anyone can advise on how we lock down access to some basic data and user permissions,

We are on the Cloud. I would like only IT/Admin to be able to change this data and would expect to be able to do this globally.

In addition, I would like to be able to take the left hand pane where there is item listed as Basic Data and grey out/ block that section so users could not have the ability to access the data via the pane.

Advise on auditing trails and/or reports to track system and field changes, would help

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Stacey

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @shs7 ,

It is possible to create new permission sets with only essential projections and then grant it to the relevant users. There, you can avoid adding the projections related to basic data pages that are needed to be restricted for those end users. You can also utilize full access permission sets to IT/admin users.

If you are referring to the basic data screen items on the navigator menu, if the relevant pages/projections are not granted from permission sets, they will not be available on the menu.

If there are any additional pages available from essential projections that need to be hidden, it can be done using ‘Navigator Designer’ option.

Using Navigator Designer, you can create different contexts other than global context, and then disable the navigator options that are required to be hidden. These contexts need to be saved, published and then mapped to a Company/User/User group/Wage class/Ledger via Configuration Context Mappings.

In order to track the changes in system, History Log Configuration can be used. The History functionality provides a way of logging all the interested transactions in the database. 

It needs to be enabled for a selected entity. Eg: ResourceBasicData

Once enabled, it is possible to mark the columns that need to be tracked and which form of action insert/update/delete that need to be logged in history.

Once applied, the changes then will be logged in ‘History Log’ page.