Question

Tasks in Shop Floor WorkBench

• 10 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello everyone,

Is there any way to open Tasks on Shop Floor Workbench against Shop Order Operations? 

So far I could only open tasks on the Shop Floor Workbench “header”, which means, no direct connection to the Shop Order Operation…

Does anyone have any suggestion?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Bruno,

Hope you’re well. Sayeef here.
I will answer this question from a core CAMRO solution perspective.

While there is no way to open Tasks on Shop Floor Workbench against individual Shop Order Operations, we can use the “Assign Employee/Team” button to notify individual technicians of their specific operations.

The solution described below will also aid MRO compliance. It will ensure the MRO assigns only those specific technicians who belong to the same labor class and meet all qualification profile requirements (competencies and certificates).

First, we will click on the operation in Shop Floor Workbench or the Operations tab of Shop Order. Without clicking on the operation, this button will not appear on the screen.

After clicking the button, the Assign Employee/Team pop-up window will open.
Here the Supervisor can see the Setup qualification profile required and the Runtime Qualification profile required.
Under the Employees section, the supervisor will then add a new employee and assign them to setup and/or running the operation.

By clicking on the Find icon, the supervisor will obtain the full list of employees in that Labor Class.
It will also be indicated if these employees have the correct certificates and competencies for the operation through the Setup Profile Fulfilled and Runtime Profile Fulfilled columns.

If an employee is selected that does not meet the required qualification profile, a warning is generated by the system.
However, in the core software, user is still allowed to assign such an employee by overriding the warning.
A custom event can be set up to prevent the assignment of employees that do not meet the qualification profile requirements. This may be important to prevent user errors and resource misallocation.

Once the correct employee is assigned, this information and the user clicks the Done button – the “Qualification Profile Fulfilled” toggle gives another confirmation that correct person is assigned.

Supervisors and employees can check who has been assigned to an operation from Shop Floor Workbench.
We click the downward arrow to the left of the operation, and select the Assignments tab.
Relevant information is provided here on whether the employee is working on setup or running the operation, whether they meet all qualification profile requirements or not.

If no employee or teams were assigned to an operation, the Assignments tab will not display on the screen.

Additionally, the most important point relevant to your question - the individual technician can check their assigned operations by selecting “Manual Filter” and turning on the toggle “My Assigned Operations” 

Hope this helps - do let me know if you have more questions in this area.

Kind Regards,
Sayeef