Solved

Time Registration Aware Modules - by Company

• 19 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello,

I’m in a multi-company instance.  Some companies are manufacturing (SO’s) and some of those do project time.  One is a Service oriented company (WO’s/WT’s).  We have the following Time Reg aware Modules activated:  SHPORD, PRJREP, INDIRECT,  WO.

Is it possible (how) to limit my Service Company to only the WO button (we don’ want to see SHPORD, PRJREP, INDIRECT)?

Thanks, Troy

icon

Best answer by Magnus Johansson 19 October 2023, 08:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Troy,

First of all I fully understand your question. “Time Reg. Aware Modules” is a global setting, whereupon the setting will impact all companies. It would be very useful to be able to set Aware Modules per Company - if desired. This would be good Idea to add here in IFS Community.

How to solve the issue right now, is via Configuration. Are you in Aurena or IEE? In Aurena I know you can solve this with Page Designer, where you can have contexts linked to specific companies.

Regards,

Magnus

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Magnus Johansson Thank You!  I suspected it was global, not seeing any company identifiers.  But “forcing” one company’s needs on to another seemed odd to me, for IFS, especially this far along.  That’s why I’m checking with the “Community.”

We are (still) in IEE.  Therefore, I suspect Security and Permissions could be used for masking?  I did take a quick peek but decided to check on the easy path (company driven) first before looking elsewhere.

Thanks Again, Troy