Question

Supervisor Change

• 7 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi All,

One of my customers has a new requirement where the supervisor of an employee changes each month and the newly assigned supervisor is responsible to approve absence request and travel requests of the employee. 

I’m adjusting the Position structure accordingly but I believe once the all modules are in use we wont be able to do any adjustment to the position structure to accommodate this requirement.  

how can I accommodate this request without doing any changes to the Position structure each month ?

Regards,

Nuwanthika

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

How do they create their users?

With name?

You can use general number or nonmnemonic keys as id.

In case of changes you can only change the user name.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Nuwanthika,

If the employee is going to report to a different supervisor in different organisation unit why do you think changing the position in the structure is not viable later?

you can also check the feasibility of using direct role assignments in Graphical organisation structure or supervisor access setup window.

Elaborate more in detail if this does not help

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is employees’ organization unit and cost center changing each month or only supervisor is changing? 

If only supervisor is changing for this employee, then I would also recommend making changes through supervisor access window. Then you create changes only for the supervisor and there is no need to create any changes to graphical organization structure. 

Br. Maaret