Solved

Substitutes in IFS

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

in SAP it is possible to delegate an authority level for another employee during the Manager’s vacation. 

Is it available in IFS, so that POs, postings etc can be authorized by another person during only the vacation of a Manager. 

Can you please help understand how to do it with screenshots maybe? 

icon

Best answer by Heshani Vidanapathirana 24 June 2021, 08:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @EnzoFerrari 

To authorize the invoice postings and POs, you can add another authorizer as the Superior for the authorizer who is not available.

Or else, you can use the “Substitutes” RMB option to define a substitute authorizer for an employee/authorizer who is not available for a specific period

In here, you can add the authorizer/employee for a specific time period on behalf of the authorizer/employee who is not available

Bu using one of the above options, you can assign an employee to authorize POs and invoice postings on behalf of the authorizer/employee who is not available.

Hope this information will help you.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

If you want to delegate your authority from HR perspective, you can use Role Delegation functionality. This will be used for substitutions when manager is on leave.

You can use Role Delegation window or Role delegation assistant depending on your preference. When granting the authority, you can either provide Full Access or Partial Access. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks @Heshani Vidanapathirana and @Lasanthi Jinadasa. So here’s what I understood. 

When the Superior is not available for a specific period, a substitute can be set as an Invoice Posting Authorizor. 

1.Can the same be done for the Purchase Authorizer role?

1. If we set a substitute for a period, does it work for all authorizations without us having to do one by one (e.g. Invoice Authorizer and Purchase Authorizer separately) ? In other words, below setting is enough? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @EnzoFerrari 

From Finance and Purchasing perspectives, you can use below options to assign a substitute on behalf of an authorizer for a specific period of time:

Option 1: Substitute for Purchase Authorizer
You can add a substitute for the purchase authorizer using “Purchase Authorizer Substitutes” window.
Please note that this is valid only for purchase authorization functionalities . The Authorizer who is going to be assigned as substitute should be defined as an authorizer in authorizer Purchase Authorization Basic Data/Authorizers tab.

Option 2: Substitute for Invoice Posting Authorizer

As I have already mentioned in my previous email, you can add a substitute for an authorizer to authorize the invoice postings in Substitutes window

Hope this information will help you.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

Role delegation under HR access set up will be used for HR authorizations like travel expense, time & attendance ect. In the absence of supervisor,  substitutes when appointed will receive all necessary access rights to perform supervisor's tasks. For example, the substitute will be able to see all HR related data of the employees in the assigned organizations, can do tasks for example absence approval/authorizations ect as the supervisor. 

Hope this clarifies your concerns. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Heshani Vidanapathirana this is a question not directly relevant to the original post. However I couldn’t help notice that there is a basic data setup for Invoice Posting Authorizers. This is a functionality we are interested in but currently we do not have such a window. We are in Apps 10 UPD 10. Can you please let me know if this window is available from a later version onwards? We only seem to have Invoice Payment Authorizers under Invoice Workflow Basic Data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks both @Heshani Vidanapathirana and @Lasanthi Jinadasa , you both were helpful. I selected heshani’s answer as the best answer since it was more relevant. But through Lasanthi’s answer, I learnt something new too. So one of these days I will ask another HR question to select your answer Lasanthi :) 

have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Heshani Vidanapathirana this is a question not directly relevant to the original post. However I couldn’t help notice that there is a basic data setup for Invoice Posting Authorizers. This is a functionality we are interested in but currently we do not have such a window. We are in Apps 10 UPD 10. Can you please let me know if this window is available from a later version onwards? We only seem to have Invoice Payment Authorizers under Invoice Workflow Basic Data.

@TAPSUDJAY we are using App10 UPD9 and the window Invoice Posting Authorizers is available. Perhaps its access is not granted to you? Did you check internally?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @EnzoFerrari  for your feedback. Happy to here that your issue solved. Have a great day. :)

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@EnzoFerrari 

This window (Invoice Posting Authorizers) is available in Apps 10 UPD 10 release as well.

Please check whether it is a permission issue if you cannot find it. Generally users who are connected to finance user groups or who access the finance windows should be able to access Invoice Posting Authorizers window.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Heshani Vidanapathirana @EnzoFerrari  I’m using IFSAPP login. Yet it’s not showing. Also IFSAPP is in Finance Groups. Therefore cannot even figure out what LU or window name it is to even check if it’s a permission issue. Following is all what I see in Invoice Workflow Basic Data as IFSAPP.

Should I report a case to IFS?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @EnzoFerrari 

I wonder why you cannot view the windows under Invoice Workflow Basic Data as user IFSAPP. Below are the windows that has been listed down under Invoice Workflow Basic Data.

LU name of the Invoice Posting Authorizers window can be found in below image

Please check whether the IFSAPP user has permission to above mentioned LU.

If this does not resolve your issue, please raise a case to IFS Support.

Thanks and Best Regards

Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Heshani Vidanapathirana It seems Posting Authorizer LU does not even exist in our environments.  I have reported a case to IFS Support. Thanks very much for your assistance.