Solved

Sick leave and increment

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi

I have a question regarding sick-leave and increment that I do not completely understand.

I studied the topic entered some time ago but I don’t feel that I completely understand it.

So here is my problem:

Day 1 the sick person should not have any salary - one wage code for that and snould have no increment.

Day 2 the sick person should have sick-leave pay - another wage code for that.AND the person has also right to increment from sick day 2.

If I report sick-leave to the system then understand that I move from absence period 1 (where I get no pay) to absence period 2 (when I should get paid) “automatically”? Or do I have to report this absence two times?

And if I want the person to get paid according to the schedule I guess I should choose absence calculation period type “Working hours” and nothing else?

Grateful for any hits and tips here!

icon

Best answer by LenaicDAVID 23 June 2021, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EvrUlrikS,

If you have set up basic data correctly (wage codes, regulations etc), you don’t need to add two absences. Once you register an absence for a particular period, the system will automatically calculate when you should get paid and not.

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @EvrUlrikS,

This is possible (at least in APPS 10 but you don’t indicate for which version your request is for).

Set up the “Absence Period Definition”. Something like this :

Set up the “Absence Period Type Mapping”. Something like this :

And then you will need to set up an absence type function to divide the absence period. You can set it up against an absence group or an absence type.

There is a list of Absence functions so you will have to find the suitable one for your use case.

I suggest you have a look at the “NDAY” (for Absence Type).

Best regards

Lénaïc

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks! Its Apps10 so i will study your comment.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

I have tried to configure the NDAY now but dont really understand so I will try to elaborate a bit here.

We use APPS10 and have the following:

SP1 is the non-paid day called Karensdag and no increment, from day 2 we have another Sick-leave period lasting from day 2 until day 14 where the person is eligible for increment. After day 14 there is yet another sick-leave period until the person has been away for 90 days on sick-leave.

But for the Function Parameters I then would like to set it up for NDAY like the below:

Parameter 1: 1 for on

Parameter 2: 1? for number of days? I would prefer to have several values here 1, 2-14 etc

Parameter 3: 0 for working days since the increment should kick in from sick-day 2 and onwards

Parameter 4: SP1 for the unpaid day - but that doesnt work

Parameter 5: SP2 for the next period

Parameter 6: SP1

Parameter 7: SP2

What is wrong with the above? Really appreciate guidance here!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @EvrUlrikS 

This NDAY function allows to divide an absence into two periods, not 3 or more periods.

Here is an example of the set up to create a division after ther first day of absence.

1: 1 – on (switch on function), 0 – off (switch off function); => 1

2: day (Number of days for the first period); => 1

3: 1 - calendar days, 0 - working days; => 0

4: ratio before (Payment ratio of the first period); => 0 (no payment for the first period = first day)

5: ratio after (Payment ratio for the second period); => 1 (100% payment for the second period = from day 2 and after)

6: period type before (Absence period type linked to first period); => SP1

7: period type after (Absence period type linked to second period). => SP2

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks, will try that!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Still get to make some adjustments since I get the increment also on the first day that should be completely non-paid.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Could you share a screenshot of the settings done for this increment ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Please see the below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @EvrUlrikS 

The definition of the increment is using a Wage Code List for the Absence based increment :

What is the content of this list ?

You should not have SP1 in this list if you don’t want increment generated for the first day of absence.

Could you check that ?

Lénaïc

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks, that did the trick