Solved

Regarding Sick Leave in IFS Cloud

• 6 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi Team,

I need help regarding the sick leave. We are using IFS Cloud 23R1. One requirement is that team want to apply leave for sickness of any employee but they will not known the end date so how we can apply absence request ?. Second is that approved leave will flow to PSO but absence request in confirmed state it will not flow. Can anybody suggest if any out of the box solution is available ?.

Please suggest.

icon

Best answer by Magnus Johansson 14 November 2023, 09:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Not sure if you have any local requirements regarding the Absence Request of sickness. I would however say that you do not use the Absence Request for sickness. That would only be used if you for instance have a non urgent surgery or other hospital related matter, where it can actually be planned ahead.

If you have sickness without a planned return date you should use the Quick Absence and make sure the sickness is registered as “Ongoing Absence” - without and end date. Please view screenshot below. That will generate absence after each day has passed until you stop it or report normal hours again.

The “ongoing absence” can however be an issue in regards to PSO as you mention, since the absence is only generated for each day. For parts of the organization where PSO is essential, the most effective routine might therefore be to add absence directly in time reporting - a few days at the time. PSO will reflect actual absence in time reporting. Therefore this should be the “safest” way to assure a sick employee is not scheduled and no risk to get “stuck” in any approvals of absence requests. Maybe start with 2-3 days absence and then add days as Manager checks in with Employee continuously during sickness.

Anybody else with any specific experiences of “open absence” related to PSO?

Regards,
Magnus

Badge +2

Thanks Magnus. But if you are suggesting to put sick leave in the time reporting screen means “Absence request screen” then we have to authorized otherwise it will not flow to PSO , correct?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

No, by “time reporting” I am referring to the pages: “My Time Card”, “My Time Registration” or “Quick Time/Clockings Reporter”. Is your Time (presence, absence, overtime, increments etc.) not reported in any of those pages? Are you using Time Clock?

“Absence Request” is rather found under “My Absence Calendar” or “My Absences”.

Regardless of if Time Clock is being used, I would say that Absence Request should not be used for casual sickness. Absence Request is used for absences which can be planned.

If you are using Time Clock you could however lack to possibility for the users to directly report on absence - depending on your setup. If your organization needs help configuring the Time Clock settings and/or interface, I would advice reaching out for the assistance of an IFS Cloud consultant.

Best Regards,
Magnus

Badge +2

Hi Magnus, 

I have used the configuration and quick absence is flowing but it is not flowing to next day. In open intervals will show in time card as like below

Can you tell me what is the issue ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Prabir,

Perhaps below database task is not activated and scheduled in your environment?

/Magnus

Badge +2

Hi Magnus,

Yes it is activated but when I have check the it is updating the leave at the end of the day which will not helpful for us. We need the system update absence at the start of the day.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Prabir,

I understand your request. However, the logic of current database tasks is to execute (generate) on previous day. You cannot make them generate data for current day. I will however add this requirement as an Idea, because you are not alone on wanting that logic.

Until then, as I wrote earlier, the only way for you to assure that the Absence will be visible in PSO is to add it directly in the time reporting (time reg./time card). Thus, directly report it as an Interval/Clockings/Result. A few days at the time - if the return date is not known beforehand.

/Magnus