Question

Posting Error Reference

• 5 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,
Please see the screen of Inventory Transactions History below.
You can find Posting error checkbox ON. I would like to find why those errors appeared.
2 lines from top to 2nd might just transfer Inventory from Stock location to shipment location then
3rd line shows parts delivery to customer. The invoice is still NOT issued.

In my thought, financial transaction may not be needed, so the checkbox “Has Erroneous Postings “ shows ON with the meaning of Posting NOT required….

Please advice me thet my thought is correct or not. if NOT, please let me know how to check the error and solve it.

Regards;
Yasuda

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi,
Please see the screen of Inventory Transactions History below.
You can find Posting error checkbox ON. I would like to find why those errors appeared.
2 lines from top to 2nd might just transfer Inventory from Stock location to shipment location then
3rd line shows parts delivery to customer. The invoice is still NOT issued.

In my thought, financial transaction may not be needed, so the checkbox “Has Erroneous Postings “ shows ON with the meaning of Posting NOT required….

Please advice me thet my thought is correct or not. if NOT, please let me know how to check the error and solve it.

Regards;
Yasuda

Hi Yasuda,

if you RMB on the line and drill into ‘Inventory Transaction History’, you will be able to view the error in the Accounting tab.

Another option is to navigate to Accounting Rules\Voucher\Distribution and Manufacturing Voucher Transfer\Distribution and Manufacturing Postings Analysis and look at any transactions with status =90.

Once you have corrected the issues you run Accounting Rules\Voucher\Distribution and Manufacturing Voucher Transfer\Rerun Erroneous Distribution and Manufacturing Postings to re-post.