Solved

Position not valid during entered date interval error msg

• 17 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

While trying to correct the start dates in the Assignments tab of the Employee File for an employee, I get this msg (the correct start date should be 14th Nov 2022). In the main Summary screen of the Emp. File, this date is correct and if I check the rmb option Set Employee Status details, it is also correct there.
I have also checked the Position Access Setup screen for this employee, and it is correct there as well. So where is the system getting the date of 16th Nov in the error msg  from?

This is in Apps 10 (in house system).

icon

Best answer by anmise 17 November 2022, 12:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

While trying to correct the start dates in the Assignments tab of the Employee File for an employee, I get this msg (the correct start date should be 14th Nov 2022). In the main Summary screen of the Emp. File, this date is correct and if I check the rmb option Set Employee Status details, it is also correct there.
I have also checked the Position Access Setup screen for this employee, and it is correct there as well. So where is the system getting the date of 16th Nov in the error msg  from?

This is in Apps 10 (in house system).

Have  you checked the validity period for the actual position record? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

That was the missing piece! Thanks very much, I was hunting all over IFS for something like this. I am now able to correct all the Assignment dates.