Question

Person LoV

• 17 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi all,

Under Project → Tasks we have noticed that the LoV for the Responsible field shows all Person’s that exist in our system (even those that have left over the years).

Looking at the person record there is no way that I can see to obsolete or make a person inactive to stop it showing in this LoV. There are other areas such as procurement where you can make the buyer obsolete/inactive to stop them showing in such lists.

I took a guess that there might be a system definition to do this much like in the way you can hide a middle name of a person but no luck there.

Does anyone have any ideas to a way to do this for the Person?

Regards
Nathan

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ntaylor 

Have you tried changing the validity of Person?

Go to Person window

Right Click > Change Validity > Hide or Block

This should stop from displaying in LOVs.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ntaylor    

You can change the validity of the person as Hidden.

Hidden - The value is possible to use but it is by default excluded from the list of values. It can be included in the list of values by selecting the Show Hidden check box. An example of when this validity status might be used is when the value is either still preliminary or being phased out.

Regards,

Naveena

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @ntaylor 

Have you tried changing the validity of Person?

Go to Person window

Right Click > Change Validity > Hide or Block

This should stop from displaying in LOVs.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Hi Madusha,

Apologies for the delayed response and thank you and @Naveena Nanayakkara for both reaching out to help!

I am running Apps 9 - Update 16 here and I don’t have the option of Validity either as a field or a right-click option within the Person screen. Was the screenshot taken from Apps 10?

Regards
Nathan