Question

Person ID and Empl number but no User ID

• 8 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 25 replies

Good day.  I have an employee with an Empl number and Person ID but no User ID.  How can I fix this please?  Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AnGo ,

You need to connect the person and employee to an User 

Go to the below screen and connect to the relevant user and login to the application using the User ID and password you connect below. You can use your same user ID which your using to login if your not connected to an employee yet.

Please rate the answer as best answer if this helps since this can help others in future.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AnGo ,

This can be corrected by connecting a user id to the person. You can do it from Enterprise/Person window. But the user-person relationship should be unique. So the same user cannot be connected to multiple persons. 

/Lasanthi

Badge +6

Good afternoon, thank you for the replies.  I am still not sure how the user ID is created and then how to link it to an existing Employee?  As mentioned, I have an Employee ID and a Person ID but no User ID.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AnGo 

Use the USER window to create a new user. Fill in the mandatory details and password. No go to person window and search for the employee’s person ID. In the person window you should be able to connect that user to the person, Once completed login as the new user with the password created and you would see the employee being connected to the user

Badge +6

Thank you for the assistance, much appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AnGo ,

Please let me know if you required further assistance and rate the answer as best answer if this helps since this can help others in future.