Solved

Org and Position Structure

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

Could you please provide steps on how to create a new organisation and position so that I could use it on the employee > assignments tab.

I have created multiple organisations/org units and positions but none of them are getting fetched for my newly created employee.

icon

Best answer by Dharshankumaar Mahendran 7 December 2023, 14:14

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

If you have defined Structure Type as Matrix Organization Structure or Matrix Position Structure, then you need to link the Matrix Structure with Company.

Menu Path: Human Resources > Organization Management > Organization Definition  > Matrix Structures

I hope this should resolve your Issue and you will be able to use it in Employee Assignment tab.

Thanks

Vikas Jain

Badge +2

This question is related to the HCM topic... employee and organization management. I am trying to create a company in the training environment. Type is showing as Matrix...how do i change it to company?

Warm Regards
Gururaj

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gururajks ,

I believe you would need both company and matrix structure for the training purposes. Company structure will be automatically created when you created the company. You would just need to search for your company name in the Graphical organisation structure window and that would show the Company Organization structure and you can create the relevant organisation structures within it. For the organisations which are used by more than a company which is matrix you can create new structures and add the companies which will use them, Company structure is only for your company whereas matrix can be used for many companies.

Badge +2

Thank you Dharshankumaar. The issue is that company is getting created under type ‘matrix’ and not ‘company’. Maybe some changes to be made in Organization structure settings.

Hi @gururajks ,

I believe you would need both company and matrix structure for the training purposes. Company structure will be automatically created when you created the company. You would just need to search for your company name in the Graphical organisation structure window and that would show the Company Organization structure and you can create the relevant organisation structures within it. For the organisations which are used by more than a company which is matrix you can create new structures and add the companies which will use them, Company structure is only for your company whereas matrix can be used for many companies.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gururajks ,

Can you add screen shots of your company page, and the graphical organisation structure page.

Best Regards,

Badge +2

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gururajks 

Please let me know the name of the company you created. And also can you make a search in the Graphical organisation structure window for ‘COMPANY G’ and send the screenshot of the results

Badge +2

Thank you once again Dharshankumaar. Name is Company G . Search results below.

Badge +2

I found this...Should i go here and create company first before going to graphical organizational structure

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gururajks,

Il try to put out the steps to avoid confusions.

1. go to ‘New Company’ window as above and create a company.
  2. go to ‘Graphical organisation structure’ and search for the company name you created above on step 1
  3. You will see a Graphical organisation structure with your company name and type ‘Company’
  4. Now if you want to create ‘Matrix’ structure click on the new button on Graphical organisation structure  and create the new matrix organisation 

Understanding is that every company will have a company type Graphical organisation structure automatically created once the new company is created. Matrix type Graphical organisation structure are user defined.

Badge +2

Thank you Dharshankumaar for providing step wise information.

Regards

Gururaj

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gururajks,

Happy to be of help.

Best Regards,