Question

Ongoing absence ending

• 13 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi all,

Apps 10 upd 11.

Have an issue whereby employees who have ongoing absences. In that the Date_to is not filled in and ongoing is ticked. Each day the ongoing absence is automatically ended even though the employee has not clocked back in and is still on leave. There are no other conflicts with other absences to end the ongoing one.

There is a background job which auto forwards the date_to each day at 12.10pm which runs fine with no failures.

The only error message received is “absence configuration error” in time card day.

What should happen is that the date_to should update every day to the sysdate when ongoing is ticked.

Its a bit of a strange problem and im not sure which of the many absence config params would solve this so any ideas would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Dan,

I came across two bugs introduced in addressing issues of reported nature. Those are Bug ID 161092 & 159898. 

Therefore, I believe this issue might require further investigations. Hence, recommend you to create a case with IFS.  

Below I have mentioned relevant bug descriptions for your ease of reference. 

• Bug ID 161092 - While an absence creating, the absence was recorded as ongoing and then after executed the background job, the marked ongoing is not there (ongoing is unticked).
  • Bug ID 159898 -  When an ongoing absence is stopped for a backdated day, The system does not clear the absences records created beyond the absence stopped date.

Hope this would be helpful. 

Best Regards

Sugandi