Question

'Object Reference Not Set' error when accessing Expense Sheet

• 29 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Users (some) are getting ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’ error when trying to access Expense Sheets in IFS Apps 10 UPD 10 IEE from a saved search shortcut.  I have read the other Community answers related to this error but none relate to this scenario. I read one solution that said it could be related to a bad search criteria but I have gone in to his personal profile and can execute that same search without getting the error. we’ve not done an update or upgrade in several months, but this user may be an infrequent user….

Any ideas? 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @KLAVALLEY ,

This error can be caused by different causes such as permission sets, windows version…etc.

If the error is not for all users and for some, may be a comparison between users having the issue and not may give a clue.

And if you are not in a position to find a solution please contact IFS Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Dear @KLAVALLEY ,

Have you saved with ticking the "Global" check box? in that case without global checkbox would make any difference? or vise versa ?.

Nevertheless, I believe reporting to IFS support for technical investigation would be the best option as an error might be caused due to missing the latest binary patch.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi There,

I had the same issue in DOCMAN and ticking the "Global" check box did the trick.

Good luck!.

Sam