Solved

Move ORG Code between Structures

• 6 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

Is it possible in a way to move an ORG code between structures?

We found cut/paste but that only works within the same structure.

We tried terminating them in one Structure and recreating them in another, but its not allowed due to same name.

Thanks

Dominik

icon

Best answer by JONEDE 10 January 2022, 15:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

No, I never did it and as Company ID and Organization Code are not editable I think it is not possible in the dialog.

It might be possible through the database, but I don’t know what side effects that would have.

With some customer we started to make Matrix structures over all companies, so you could change the single Org Code in these matrix structures.

If you start to use one matrix structure instead of individual company structures, you could switch them in this matrix structure.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @JONEDE 

My issue is in a matrix structure, where it also does not seem to be allowed.

ORG code cannot be reused, even if I terminate it on a date in the old structure.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

I meant to use on single matrix structure. I did not want to move i from one matrix structure to another matrix structure.

Inside a matrix structure, it is possible to move the Org.Code from the HR-Department to the Finance Department, by holding it with left mouse button.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @JONEDE 

with the knowledge we have after 2 years of IFS we would now also opt for just one matrix structure, and not the 6 we have in place. As you mention, it would be so much easier then to move.

I rebuilt the structure now, and terminated the old one which seemed the quickest solution.

Thanks

Dominik

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo
We have some change of the Organization Structure. I have to move the “102 ICT” from Parent Org Code “10 Finanzen & Dienste” to “30 Technik”. It was happen per 01.09.2022.  

How I can do it? With the RMB it is possible to move the orgamization in the structure, but I didn’t can enter a date for “Valid From”. Is there any possibility?

We have Apps 10 Update 10.

Best Regards,
Andre