Question

Manager Services - Clocking Window

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi All,

In IFS Cloud when a Supervisor was checking the “clocking's” details of the subordinates who are reporting to him directly has found that the “Clocking” window not only shows the subordinate’s clocking details but all employees’ clocking details are available in the window.

Is this a permission Issue? or is this the way this window works? 

Regards,

Nuwanthika 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Nuwanthika,

The Permission Sets (Projections) controls the access to pages or certain parts of pages. However the HCM Access is on top of that. Thus, if you have access via Permission Sets, but the HCM data does not give access, you should not see any data.

I this case the Supervisors however sees to many Employees data. Is the Clocking window the only part of the entire Manager Services, where the Supervisor see more than its intended subordinates? In that case it is strange. In the HCM module in general a Supervisor should only see its own subordinates. Either a bug or intended design, but I do not understand what would motivate the latter.

Regards,
Magnus  

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for the reply. 

Yes, Clocking window is the only part where the Supervisor can see all employee details.

The windows like “Time Card” and Even “My Employees” Lobby shows only the subordinate details.

Regards,

Nuwanthika

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Nuwanthika,

In that case I think that this might be a bug, because I do not know of any specific settings that would give extra access for just one page under Manager Services. We’ll see if anyone else replies though, because I very rarely use Clockings and there could be something unique logic built for Clockings.

Regards,

Magnus

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Magnus,

Thanks again, I will raise a ticket to IFS support and see.

Regards,

Nuwanthika