Solved

Manager recording sickness absence for their team members

• 15 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We are using IFS Apps 8 and are considering offering Managers the opportunity to record sickness absence directly into IFS.  Whilst this can be done via Time Card Day, I was wondering if there was an alternative or better screen for this purpose that only offered direct subordinates and not everyone in the organisation, as is the case with some of the HR screens aimed at HR personnel.

Having looked at the Absence screen, it seems that you cannot restrict this just to Direct Subordinates unless there is a method that I have not identified.  

icon

Best answer by LenaicDAVID 16 March 2021, 17:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Caroline,

I did a quick test on one of our environment and it seems to me that the Absence screen only displays the records for employees you have access to, according to the Position Access Definition. So if you only have access to your direct subordinates then you will only see them and not everyone in the organization. No need for any supplementary set up. The reason why your HR personnel are seeing all employees’ records is probably because they are set as “HR Application manager”.

Hope this will help.

Best regards

Lénaïc

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Lénaïc,

I have tested what you suggested and it has worked.  Thank you very much.

Regards

Caroline

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

You’re welcome Caroline :-)

Please remember to mark my answer as “Best answer” so that your question appears as resolved.

Thanks

Lénaïc