Question

Is there a way to get time setting aligned with local timezone at company level ?

• 21 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Request received via: CS0108873

US company (XXXX) work in US time. When making financial entries eg entering vouchers, supplier invoices etc, system defaults voucher date to current date. That is normal. However when at approx 4pm (us regional time) , the default date goes forward one day , presumably because it is now a new day in CET. For Sites, there is a time offset so that SITE transactions have correct US time.

But I don't see this feature at company level. Is there a way to get time setting aligned with local time zone at company level?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Also interested in this.  We have branches in Asia and Australia that are 12 hours ahead of the server time so the date changes at noon for those branches but the date on various transaction is incorrect.  Is there a way to control the date at the company level.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I believe IFS has to change the server time.

I do not think there is a way to control at company level.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

My company went live in IFS Cloud last month (September 2023) and found out that the time could not be set to local time on the company level. This affected our financial transactions. IFS support gave us a workaround, but we need IFS R&D to build in a feature in the Cloud to allow users to change the time to local time on the company level. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello all,

There is an idea posted for this issue. That requirement is accepted by IFS. You can vote and see the updates on the ticket

Should be able to set Time zone on company level | IFS Community