Question

IFS Academy training environment - password for superuser IFSAPP

• 25 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am part way through the IFS Academy course titled ‘IFS Cloud - Human Capital Management - Employee & Organization Management (Virtual Blended Course)’.   At the 45 min mark of the Day 2 lesson, it comes to setting up employees but we are unable to proceed as our own Username is not an employee.  On the video, the instructor asks the class to all log out and log back into the environment as a superuser with the username IFSAPP.   The class and the instructor all does this and they continue on with the lesson. 

How can we find out the password to this superuser username, as the email received from IFS Academy only has the username and password that has been granted for the training - not the username and password that is required as a superuser so this next stage of the course can be completed.

This is the environment that the IFS Academy has provided for the training to take place.  Can anyone help to find out the password for superuser IFFAPP (or any other superuser that may be defined to this environment.

https://ifsactr-d03.demo.ifs.cloud/   

Thank you

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Thank you for your question. I understand the frustration if you cannot carry on the course due to lack of login credentials. I however do not think that we should share any usernames or passwords in this open community.

I would first advise you to contact IFS Academy, since it is they who are responsible for the courses and training. Can you reply in the email you received from them? If not and if you cannot find any other way to contact IFS Academy, please reach out to the closest point of contact at IFS, for you as a customer.

I will also forward your post here in the community to IFS Academy, but you might get a quicker progress by trying to contact them directly.

Best Regards,

Magnus

Badge +1

Hello Magnus,

Thank you for replying to my question.  I did send my query to the IFS Academy first but they do take up to 48hrs to reply to questions, and previously they have advised us to ask all questions into the IFS Community first.  The user name is not confidential as its mentioned and discussed openly in the training session.   I would be happy if someone wants to private message me the password instead of posting in this forum.

Thank you,

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I tried to access the environment, but there is no SSO and some generic login credentials did not work. Based on the URL it seem to be a dedicated IFS Academy Training environment and I guess it is foremost Academy which has access to it. Until Academy reaches out to you the only option would be if someone has just taken the course and happen to have the user and password. I that case it should, as you said, be sent in a private message.

Sorry I could not help more than this. Hope you get a quick response and can carry on with your Employee & Organization training. Best of luck.

/Magnus

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Diesel,

1. Do you want your user name to be connected to an employee or do you want to create an employee?
  2. If your creating a new employee imafraid whether the access is given to the user to make employee assignments in the employment section in the new employment wizard.
  3. If you want your user to be connected to an employee check whether you have access to employee file window and check whether you can see employees there?

Badge +1

Hello Dharshankumaar,

It is a training environment from IFS Academy.  Presently, there are no employees setup in the environment.  The training course next step is ‘How to set up an employee’ but it is not possible with the standard log on access I have been provided.  The course presenter advises that you need to log in a a superuser, that’s what I would like to do but do not have the log on credentials.  if anyone knows how to look up a superusers credentials then I am all ears.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

IFSAPP password is usually restricted and is normally requested through the customer service portal.

Badge +1

Where do you find the Customer Service Portal?  Can you post a link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Diesel The recent IFS Academy training environments are based on the data set for IFS Cloud Demo Showroom aka Ventechi.

We dont have IFSAPP or even ALAIN user there, so probably in the training video you are referring to, the instructor was using the old database setup (just a guess). You should be able to complete the training without IFSAPP as it is not normally shared.

You should be able to find all super users related to HR in Human Capital Management - HCM sections of the following url. If you access as a HR BP, I think you would be able to access restricted HR data as a super user of the company.

http://techdocs/demoshowroom/050_mockenterprise/010_who_to_login_as/

Just try it and if it doesnt work, write to academy@ifs.com

Hope this helps you, good luck !