Solved

How to set up Carry Forward in Cloud

• 21 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am having some trouble setting up the environment where I can carry forward PTO future dated.  In the absence limit year I have set up the PTO Balance type limit and the PTO carry forward Balance limit for 2023.  However when I attempt to test by inserting absences for the 2023 year the remaining balance does not carry forward to the 2024 year.  

I would like to be able to set a PTO balance of 80 hours for the 2023 year and insert 60 hours of absence to see if the remaining balance will add to the carry over when I attempt to enter absences in the 2024 year.  Does anyone know if I am able to set up carry forward for the future and see the balances or does the carry forward only apply to the previous year?

icon

Best answer by Magnus Johansson 22 December 2023, 08:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi David,

I am not sure if what you describe is possible. It is however nothing I have seen done. They way I use carry forward, and how I know others use it as well, is the following:

You have your balance of 80 h for 2023 (1/1/2023 - 12/31/2023). That balance can only be used for 2023, never for 2024, due to the date interval. What you however can do, is to - at a certain moment - trigger a carry forward of the remaining hours for 2023, to your carry forward limit. Thus, carry forward does not work by just reporting in the following year. You must have a limit for that date interval first.

Regards,
Magnus

Badge +2

Thank you Magnus.  I have tried several times to attempt this but have been unsuccessful.  I have been able to set it up for 2022 rolling into 2023 to show that I can set balances for 2022 and have the excess time carry over into 2023.  I wanted to see if I could show that it would do the same moving from 2023 to 2024 but I believe as you stated that it cant be set as a future date.  Thank you for your response.