Solved

How to change the person id after creating the employee

• 22 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

After creating the employee, how can i change the person ID if it was misspelled ?

icon

Best answer by Chandima Pathirana 24 December 2021, 20:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @SarahS ,

The person ID cannot be changed. I would suggest to change the Name field in the Person window to adjust to the persons preferred name in Apps 8

Best regards

Zuha

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @SarahS,

In this type of a situation there is no option to change the person ID. The only option you have is change the name field in the person window. Which is allowed. However, it changes only the Employee Name field. In this type of a situation there is no option to change the person ID. The only option you have is change the name field in the person window. Which is allowed. However, it changes only the Employee Name field in Apps 8.

Best Regards,

Chandima.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@SarahS ,

The person ID acts primary key for many base tables. according to that, person ID cannot be modified once it created

Best Regards,
Shan

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

If you see this directly - before you have any transactions connected to the employee - I suggest you remove the employee and person and start over from the beginning.

If you remove all connections to the employee it is possible to remove the employee in Company - tab Employees.

//Maria

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It was possible to change the Person ID with German Payroll PAYINT, but only up to Apps 10.

I always recommend not to use a name or part of it in the Person ID.
If Mrs. Anne Miller marries Mr. Anthony Meyer and both will take tke same name or if they have been divorced, they will always be remembered to the time before. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We have had the same problem. Having the name in the person ID causes problems when users marry/divorce. 

We are changing this going forward with new persons to use an employee number with no association to name

Badge +1

It was possible to change the Person ID with German Payroll PAYINT, but only up to Apps 10.

I always recommend not to use a name or part of it in the Person ID.
If Mrs. Anne Miller marries Mr. Anthony Meyer and both will take tke same name or if they have been divorced, they will always be remembered to the time before. 

Hi,

but how is it possible?