Solved

How to carry forward absence limits from more than 1 year?

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Can anyone please elaborate me on how to generate carryforward absence limits for more than one year?

For example, employee A got 20 unused days of earned leaves in 2021 and another 20 unused earned leaves in 2022. When we are generating Carry forward absence limits for 2023, I would expect to see (20+20) = 40. However, system shows me 20 days (that is the CF balance from 2022 only).

icon

Best answer by ADDMARIAE 21 January 2024, 19:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

You can’t achieve exactly what you want… but… If the absence limit has an end date that is definitely.

When you want employees to be able to save days for a longer period you can set an end date further ahead in the future.

So when you generated carry over for the unused days of 2021 you should have set a later valid to.

Unfortunately you can’t change the valid to in the application… 

As a work around I would suggest that you export all saved / carried over days to an excel sheet and summarize per employee and then import as one carry over limit with the “Unused absence limit import” - with an end date far in the future.

Regards,

Maria

Badge +2

Hi Maria,

Thank you so much. I think in my case we may have to use that excel export work around. 

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Best Regards

Thilini