Question

How Break rule get affected with the setting flexible work time

• 7 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m currently working with one of our Austrian Customer , they have lots of requirement which I have done some set up   and make these working for several other test cases . But last point would be below and I can’t think of a way of making this work

Would you kindly let me know if there are any other way of doing it ,

Break Schedule : Defined with Break on Work hours , defined with first 6hrs  apply break  0.5hrs and  if work 12 hours , Total break would be 1 hrs.

Flex rule  with

Emp Schedule : Flex Work Time : According to Day type

My intention is to give my Employee a Break of 0.5 hrs at each 6 hrs he works, assuming he starts works @ 6.00 am in the morning , I would expect him to have his first break at around 12.00 PM to 12.30 PM .

When I checked Employees timecard, this is not possible . Since Emp schedule Flexible work time has been set to  “According to Day Type “ , it considers counting hours from the start of the day schedule 8.30am . So the break applies after 8.30 am + 6 hrs only

If I change this option to ““ Move Day Type To the First Clock in”

Then I can get this worked. But I don’t want this to be changed as it ruined some of the other aspects . For eg There are some other test cases that might give incorrect results if I change the setting . In Austria people start work between 6 am to 10 pm and , if they work more than 12 hrs Overtime is applicable and also if they work after 10 PM   then overtime is applicable.

Would you kindly let me know if there are any other way of applying break correctly  as this has now been influenced with the flexible work time setting of the Employee

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Kanchana,

you have defined the Day Type without break?

Like this short example?

then you have connected your “Flex Day Rule” and “Flex Break Rule” to the Day Type?

But the result in Time Card is not what you expect?

Did I understand it right?

br Janett

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Janet , 

In the Day type which is connected to the schedule used by the Employee  has been  defined with  Flex Day Rule and Break Rule . The Basic data set up is there .

Here i'm talking about Flex Work time setting  Which has three option  and has some effect on   break time to fall on  different  time slots .

Kind Regards

Kanchana

Badge +6

Hi Kanchana!

I was told, that daytypes with flebxible break rule require Move Day Type To the First Clock in the employee file. 

LG Veronika