Question

Grant read-only access to time sheets of all employees

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

We have a requirement to grant finance user to access time registrations of all employees. But it should be read-only access. 

I noticed that it is mandatory to grant HR Application Manager access if finance user need to view other employees. But with that access finance users grant full access to time registration. And also they have full access to absence managements.

Is there any way to overcome this matter? I tried creating new access role. But it didn't work. 

Regards,

Malinda

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

You should use the “HR Application Manager” very limited… IF you do that means that the person gets access to ALL employee information and that is very sensitive when it comes to HR.

Normally we only grant this to a minimum of persons - only payroll or HR .

What you have tried with the access role looks fine though. If you give access to the top node of the structure where the employees are and tic “Include subordinates “ it should work.

Maybe if you can share a full screen shot from “Supervisor Access - Setup” we can see if there is something missing?

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ADDMARIAE 

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. 

I have removed HR Application Manager check box and checked Include Subordinates check box. Now the finance user can see time sheets of all employees and it is not allowed to add or delete time sheets. It is perfect. But I noticed that still finance user can edit the time sheet. 

As I shown below, finance user can click the edit button and change the project and report codes when the time sheet is in “Confirmed” status. Do you know any functionality to block this as well. 

Access attribute has been setup as below. Modifications are blocked.

Regards,

Malinda.