Question

Error "Not Authorized for Time ans Attendance"

• 28 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Community,

since a few days we have the problem that when the employees of the HR department want to change times and then recalculate the day, they receive the error message not authorized for time and attendance.
Nothing has changed in the permissions. The access roles have not been changed either. Because they have not been changed, I do not know how to solve this problem. It must be a changed right that the IFSAPP and the scheduled database job can recalculate the days.
Where are these authorizations managed in IFS?

Regards

André

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Andre,

It is very difficult to answer this questions without actually accessing you environment and reviewing all the settings. Maybe you should create a case for an IFS Consultant to help out and investigate?

However, the answer to your question is that Time Reporting should be possible for HR personnel, either via the HR Application Manager access or by having the appropriate Access Attributes for T&A. Note that for Authorization of Time the HR Application Manager access is not enough. You need Access Attributes. Since you state that no Access Roles or Attributes have changed it must be something else.

Could it be the Permission Sets for the User? That is usually not handled by HR, whereupon HR would not know if changes were made there.

Best Regards,

Magnus  

Badge +2

Hi André,

any news on this one? Got the same problem with one of my customers. I´ve checked everything I could think of: Access Roles, Access Attributes (no changes here) and Access Groups (as the extended Data Security is activated).

Thanks for an update and greetings

David

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi André and David,

I guess that both of you would have mentioned if you had any system updates? What versions are you on?

Scheduled tasks were mentioned. The one that see to fit your description is: “Recalculate Days For Calculation Formulas”. You could however search for all scheduled tasks under Component: TIMREP.

Regrads,
Magnus

Badge +2

Hi Magnus,

thanks for you response. In my case the issue occurs even if I add intervals manually to the time card. The customers is using Apps10 SU 15.

Thanks and greetings

David

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Sorry, I am a bit confused here. Based on the initial question: Can HR Personnel not change time reporting at all, or is there an issue/error message when HR is trying to recalculate the day?

/Magnus

Badge +2

Hi Magnus,

thanks for your response. In my case this error message appears directly after creating a new interval manually in the time card.

Greetings
David

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,
Could you please attach screenshots? It is very difficult to understand what is happening without seeing both what is done and what the error message is.

/Magnus

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

I have not seen that there is any new information in this case.
We have application 10 update 17.

Unfortunately the Screenshots is in german.

The ifsapp can recalculate the result without an error.

Regards

André