Question

Employment Assistant error

• 9 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello

I am trying to create a new employee in a test environment and keep getting the below error.

I can create the employee manually and all works ok. The new starter wizard must be calling an api that has a restriction on it but the error message is not helpful in telling what access is missing.

has anybody else come across this issue?

i can solve it by giving hr application manager permission but i don't want to do that at this stage  

I am using Apps 10 update 9 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Wayne,

Would you be able to get back regarding the below questions please?

1. Is the start date in the future and does the user have access to that date as well?
  2. you mentioned that the user is able to create an employee manually. Is the same user able to enter position assignment, schedules, etc to the newly created employee?
Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

I think this might be the solution...

If the user is not “HR Application manager” and this is a new person being created,  the user needs to have access to  the Person access group for New persons.

If it is an employment in the future also the Employee access group for New employees.

The easiest solution is to grant “HR Application manager” to the user, but that is of course not OK in the long run… :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Wayne,

Would you be able to get back regarding the below questions please?

1. Is the start date in the future and does the user have access to that date as well?
  2. you mentioned that the user is able to create an employee manually. Is the same user able to enter position assignment, schedules, etc to the newly created employee?

Hi 

1. The start date is today (these are test employees). 
  2. yes they can enter position assignments schedules etc as you would normally do 
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Wayne,

If the problem is still exist, I think you can try with a minimum configuration first (only with the mandatory steps ) and see if you can create an employee. 

If that is possible, you can then add next steps gradually to see which step is causing the error.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Wayne,

If the problem is still exist, I think you can try with a minimum configuration first (only with the mandatory steps ) and see if you can create an employee. 

If that is possible, you can then add next steps gradually to see which step is causing the error.

That’s a great idea Lasanthi.

I will try this today

Thanks 

Wayne 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Wayne,

That’s a great idea Lasanthi.

I will try this today

Thanks 

Wayne 

So I created a new wizard and it seems to get stuck on the schedules. The thing that is strange is that I can change a schedule on an existing employee using the wizard so I must have the correct access.

Wondering if this could be a bug?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Wayne,

Better if you can create a support case with the user details. Then we will be able to verify it with the actual access attribute and see if it is really a bug.

Kind Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Wayne Handley,

Could you please try to create an employee using the Employment Assistant but make sure you DO NOT have checked the checkbox for ‘Time Clock User’ and do not enter shop floor information?

This issue has been raised in the past and fixed via bug fix ‘139791’. 

If you are able to proceed as suggested above, I think it’s better to create a support case since even if you are able to create an employee record, you will get an error when you try to check time clock user and shop floor information after creating the employee.

Then the error will be similar to the below screen capture.

Hope this information is helpful. Please check and let us know if it works :relaxed:

Thanks,
Thanushi